Glazed and roasted almonds are a perfect snack. Whether you are at a tailgate party or watching the game in your own living room these tasty nuts are likely to disappear quickly. So keep plenty on hand and enjoy the season.
- 1 lb. almonds (skins on)
- 3T tamari or soya sauce
- 3T melted butter
- smoked chipotle powder
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spread almonds on a cookie sheet
- Place pan on the middle rack of the oven and roast the almonds for 12 minutes
- Remove from the oven and turn the temperature down to 300 degrees
- Put all of the almonds into a medium size bowl
- Mix the tamari, melted butter and a sprinkle of smoked chipotle powder together and pour over the almonds, tossing to thoroughly coat the nuts
- Cover the cookie sheet with tin foil or parchment paper and spread the almonds evenly around the pan
- Return the almonds to the oven and roast for approximately 10 more minutes, stirring occasionally
- Remove from oven and season with salt and smoked chipotle powder to taste
The almonds will turn a rich brown color and will dry out nicely. Once cooled, the almonds can be stored in an air-tight container. If you live in a damp climate and the nuts become a bit soggy simply pop them back in a 300 degree oven for a few minutes before serving and they will dry out once again.